3. ICT SERVICES
3.1 Internet and E-resources Services
- Provides facility to access the internet and the online databases subscribed by the LIC.
3.2 Subscribed Online Databases- Provides e-books and e-journals
e-books – E-books Central,ACM Digital Library, Wiley Online Library, Oxford Reference
e-journals – ProQuest Central, Phil. E-journals, Gale Reference Complete.
3.3 Open Access Resources
An enumerative list of websites, which information contents are made freely available via the internet. The URLs of the web sites are embedded in the resource list, enabling the users to connect to the site by clicking on it. This is accessible thru the LIC website (http://lic.tagum.umindanao.edu.ph).
3.4 CD-ROM and Multimedia Services
- Houses the electronic resources (CD-ROMs) some of which are accompanying materials of books.
- Computer units are installed at the area to access these resources.
3.5 Free Wi-Fi
- There are Wi-Fi spots distributed inside the LIC premises both Mabini and Visayan campuses.
3.6 Web OPAC
- The electronic version of the card catalog. It is an organized and searchable collection of records of library resources; this will help library users locate a particular item in the library.
- This can be accessed anytime and anywhere as long as there is internet connection.
3.7 Entrance Monitoring Service
- An electronic device that captures data of users entering the library premises for the purpose of efficiently, accurately & expeditiously record library attendance.
- Users are requested to scan their IDs upon entering the LIC.
3.8 Library Website
Provides current information about the UM Tagum College - Learning and Information Center. This is also used to promote the library resources and services. (http://lic.tagum.umindanao.edu.ph)
3.9 Facebook Page
Provides current information about the UM Tagum College - Learning and Information Center. This is also used to promote the library resources and services. (UM Tagum College – Learning and Information Center)
3.10 Digitization Project
Establishment of Institutional Repository through the Digitization project is an ongoing project. All manuscript collections are digitized and uploaded in the DSpace database.