2. READERS’ SERVICES
Oversees the operations of all the programs, services, and facilities that concern the information needs of UMTC faculty and students.
- 2.1 Circulation Services
- 2.1.1 Library Book Drop for Book Returns
- Faculty and students may now return all borrowed books through the LIBRARY BOOK DROP placed at the Arellano Gate in the Mabini Campus and at the LIC Entrance Door in the Visayan Campus.
- 2.1.2 Online Document Delivery Services (ODDS)
- It is an electronic delivery of document service provided to all bonafide students and faculty upon request. They can request a scanned copy of book pages (not more than 10% of the book) free of charge.
- 2.2 Reserve Section Services
- 2.3 Research and Reference Assistance Service
- 2.4 Virtual Reference Service
- 2.4.1 Library Chat and Reference Assistance (LibCRA) - Chat with LibCRA is our virtual reference assistance service wherein librarians can answer questions about research and assignment of students, library account, downloading e-books, and other library-related queries via chat and email.
- 2.5 Periodical Services
Periodical materials with completed issues are bound and indexed for easy access.
- 2.5.1 Online Selective Dissemination of Information (OSDI) - Provides scanned copy of the table of contents of new issues of periodicals to keep the user abreast with the latest developments in a specified topic.
- 2.6 Provision of Filipiniana materials
- 2.7 Provision of UMiana Materials
- · Provide information about the University of Mindanao, its founder, achievements and publications.
- 2.8 Mindanaoan Corner
- · Features various materials about the cultural heritage of Mindanao.
- 2.9 Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Knowledge Resource Network (BSP-KRN)
- · A program promoting the understanding of essential economic and financial concepts and issues through the exchange of information resources between the BSP library and UM Tagum College - Learning and Information Center.
- · This collaboration offers publications from the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas for the utilization of students of the University of Mindanao.
- 2.10 Provision of UN/ADB/WB collections
- · Provides publications of United Nations, Asian Development Bank and World Bank.
- 2.11 Donation Corner
- · Provides area for the display of books donated by the Friends of the Library.
- 2.12 Current Awareness Service
- · Provides updates to new acquisitions and events of the LIC through the library website, FB page and bulletin board display.
- 2.13 Discussion Room
Reservation must be filed two (2) hours before the scheduled use.
- 2.14 Audiovisual and Preview Room
- 2.15 Information Literacy Program
- 2.15.1 General Library Instruction
- Instructional program that aims to teach patrons on how to locate the information they need quickly and effectively thru the following:
Online instruction on the new normal library services.
- 2.15.2 Bibliography Making
- 2.15.3 Online Database Instruction